Internationally Renowned Prime Leisure and Hotel Investment
In May 2023, Joiner Cummings acted on the sale of a prime leisure and hotel investment in Liverpool on behalf of an institutional client.
- Iconic leisure and hotel asset located at the heart of Liverpool’s famous waterfront. It is the largest
collection of Grade 1 listed buildings in the UK and is
the main leisure and tourist destination in Liverpool
with over 6.3m annual (pre-Covid-19) visitors.
- Landmark buildings surround Albert Dock; the Three Graces, Mann Island, the Museum of Liverpool and the
Cruise Terminal are to the north, and the Kings Dock,
M&S Bank Arena, Convention Centre and Exhibition
Centre are to the south.
- Comprises 375,295 sq ft (34,866 sq m) of mixed use accommodation providing restaurants, bars, offices,
two hotels, retail units and museums within four
buildings at Albert Dock.
- Tenants include national brands trading as Premier Inn, Holiday Inn, The Beatles Story, Gusto, Rosa’s
Thai Café and Miller & Carter as well as a number of
independent leisure, retail and office tenants.
- Tenure: 999 year leasehold from 1st October 1985 at a peppercorn rent.
- The property is let on 70 leases to 56 tenants producing a gross income of £3,663,231 per annum.
- The two hotel tenants (Premier Inn Hotels Limited and Centre Island Development Ltd t/a Holiday Inn)
account for 28.96% of the total income and are let on
a combined average weighted unexpired lease term
of 27.61 years to expiry and 14.18 years to break.
- 41.28% of the income (64.82% of floor area) is subject to indexed linked or fixed increases at rent review.
- Highly attractive weighted unexpired term to lease expiry of 14.88 years and 10.40 years to breaks.
- The investment provides numerous short and medium term asset management opportunities.